Democratic LifeMunicipal Elections
Sommaire du rapport de dépenses électorales d’un parti politique autorisé et des rapports d’un candidat indépendant autorisé
As councillor – District 4
- Serge Groulx, Candidate of the Parti Option Citoyens
- Elie Akl, Independent authorized candidate
- Stéphan Denis, Independent authorized candidate
Dates to remember
June 24, 2022 : Begining of electoral period
June 27, 2022 : First day for candidates to deposit their nomination document.
July 8, 2022 : End of candidacy period. – Deadline : 4h30 pm. Acclamation of the candidate if only one candidate for the election.
Revision of the electoral list :
July 18, 2022 from 19 pm to 22 pm
July 19, 2022 from 14h30 pm to 17h30 pm.
July 31, 2022 : Advance poll from 12 pm to 20 pm.
August 7, 2022 : Poll from 10h to 20h.
August 12, 2022 : Proclamation of the elected candidate.
To vote, a person must qualify as an elector under the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities (CQLR, c. E-2.2) (the Act) and therefore meet the following conditions:
- 18 years of age on polling day (August 7, 2022); and
- June 20, 2022 : being a Canadian citizen and being neither under curatorship nor convicted of an offence that constitutes election fraud.
On June 20, 2022, the person must also meet one of the following two conditions:
- Be domiciled in the City of Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot and have been domiciled in Québec for at least 6 months;
- Have been the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business establishment located in the territory of the City of Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot for at least 12 months.
The owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business establishment for at least 12 months on June 20, 2022, may exercise their voting rights, even if they are not domiciled in Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot. For their name to be added to the list of electors, they must submit an application for registration (form SMR-9.2 published by Élections Québec) to the City of Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot before July 19, 2022.
Co-owners of an immovable or co-occupants of a business establishment must designate one individual among them, by means of a proxy, to register on the list of electors. For this person’s name to be added to the list of electors, a written power of attorney (form SMR-9.1 from Élections Québec) must be sent to the City of Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot before July 19, 2022.
Registration and power of attorney forms can be obtained by contacting the Office of the Returning Officer, whose contact information is given below.
You can also refer to the Voter’s Guide published by Élections Québec (in French only).
To run for office
To run for office, prospective candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Be a Canadian citizen and of full age on election day and have the right to register on the list of electors (be a voter);
- Have resided, continuously or not, in the City of Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot since June 20, 2021.
The person applying to run for office is responsible for complying with all of the conditions set out in the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities and for enduring they are not disqualified under sections 62 to 67 of the Act.
Élections Québec has published the following guides for persons interested in running for office:
- To run for office in a municipal election
- Candidate in an election in a municipality with a population of 5,000 or more? Financing and election expenses, it applies to you!
Those wishing to run for election can contact the President of the election to obtain the documents to be completed.
The nomination period begins on June 24, 2022, and ends on July 8, 2022.
During this period, the Returning Officer will accept nominations :
- Friday June 24, 2022 : Holiday
- Monday, June 27, 2022 : from 9 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022 : from 9 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022 : from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Thursday, June 30, 2022 : from 9 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Friday, July 1st, 2022 : Holiday
- Monday, July 4, 2022 : from 9 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 5, 2022 : from 9 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, July 6, 2022 : from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Thursday, July 7, 2022 : from 9 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 4:30 pm
Exceptionally, on Friday, July 8, 2022, applications will be accepted from 9 am to 4:30 pm
Anyone who reports to the Office of the Returning Officer after 4:30 pm on July 8, 2022, to submit nomination papers will be turned away.
You are required to make an appointment with the Returning Officer by email or telephone to submit nomination papers.
Working for the elections
To work in the elections, please communicate with Sandra Boulanger, Secretary of election by phone at 514-453-4128 ext. 2223 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
While working in the elections, you will be compensated according to the compensation approved by the Council.
The needs of electoral staff will be known at the end of the candidacy period on July 8, 2022.
Those who have applied will be contacted in the following week to confirm whether they are selected to work for the elections or not.
Returning Officer, Secretary and Treasurer of the Election
The Act provides that the City Clerk shall act as Returning Officer. The Returning Officer is responsible for organizing elections within City limits. The Returning Officer is assisted by an Election Secretary.
The Act also provides that the City Treasurer shall enforce Part XIII of the Act respecting election financing and expenses.
The Returning Officer, Secretary and Election Treasurer have a duty to act impartially and with neutrality in conducting the electoral process.
For more information, visit the Élections Québec website at https://www.electionsquebec.qc.ca/ – by clicking on Municipal in the Electoral Field section in the right-hand corner of the screen.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact:
Catherine Fortier-Pesant, Returning Officer
Telephone: (514) 453-4128, ext. 2225
Address of the Office of the Returning Officer:
21, rue de l’Église
Notre-Dame-de-l’Île-Perrot, QC J7V 8P4
Sandra Boulanger, Election Secretary
Telephone: (514) 453-4128, ext. 2223
Julie Périgny, Election Treasurer
Telephone: 514-453-4128, ext. 2234